Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have moved to a house with a Stanley Super Star cooker It

Customer Question

We have moved to a house with a Stanley Super Star cooker It takes an hour to heat the radiators is this normal
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today. Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required. It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis. IS it still taking that long? Also when the radiators are calling for heat, do they make any sounds? Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it does take at least an hour before the pump kicks in and the radiators start to get hot. The rads only make a very quiet noise we have had new rads installed to see if that made a difference as the original ones were vey old and full of gunge but there is no improvement we also had the range serviced when we came in October 13 as we did not know when it was last serviced

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Eleanor,
This is a bad circulator pump.
Its pretty easy to replace if you have some tools and a bit of plumbing experience.
Also its not a very expensive part.
But no it should not take more that about 20 minutes to heat the radiators.
In this case, please let me know if you have someone that can do this for you or if you me to find you a good tech in your area, because after the circulator is replaced, the system will need to be bled of all air, and that that is tricky for a non plumber lol.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Eleanor.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is this pump inside the cooker?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eleanor, it is inside the casing, its what circulates the water ;-)
I will stick with you in case even you need a source for the part or someone to fix this for you.
I will be here again tomorrow morning, please don't forget to rate kindly before closing this page so we don't lose each other, it wont cost you anything to do that.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I will be rating you well. Can you recommend someone with knowledge of Stanley cookers to do the work.

We live in Tummel Bridge Pitlochry Perthshire PH16 5SB

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you and I wish you the best.
Please rate kindly:-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You haven't given me any me any good tech in my area

Eleanor

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eleanor, sorry my wife was in the hospital.
Are you in Scotland?
Or what country as there are a few results here.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we are in Tummel Bridge. Pitlochry Perthshire PH16 5SB

Do you know of anyone? as we do not know anyone in the area

Thanks Eleanor

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eleanor,
Please try these guys first. Let me know if they will come out for the service?

Central Heating Services | Boiler Breakdown Repair? Diagnostic & Safety Check Competitive Prices From £79 Parts And Labour Inclusive 12 Months Guarantee 24/7 Free Emergency Helpline
Write a review British Gas Add British Gas to shortlist
Tel: 0800 787 0209