Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. I have a hoover vhw654d washing machine. There is no power

Hi. I have a hoover vhw654d washing machine. There is no power or display coming up on it. Have checked the fuses and the power coming out from the wall and the fuse in the plug. Had a look in the back and am guessing it's the suppressor but not aure how to check it. Have got some technical owl edge and have got a circuit tester. How can I check the suppressor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

To test the suppressor is quite simple as if you have a test meter you need to remove the top and you will see the mains suppressor. You will see 2 live wires and 2 neutral. Make sure its unplugged and test for continuity between the 2 live wires and the same on the neutral and you should have continuity between them both. If one doesn't then the suppressor is the fault.

But to be honest its quite rare these fail. If the power supply is fine its a good chance it may be the control board itself.

Once you have the top off you will see the control board attached to the side on the right hand side.

Take this off and see if theres any signs or it blowing on there.

But you can test the suppressor as above to see if that's ok or not.