Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just got my lg gsb325nsqv american side by side fridge freezer

Just got my lg gsb325nsqv american side by side fridge freezer I have had it on over three hours and it is still making a dreadful load humming noise is this normal will it go away???
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you open the doors does the noise stop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the noise still continues daniel
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so its not the fans so the noise must be coming from the compressor area at the back.

Strange as to be honest these compressor on this model LG use a new compressor called an linear compressor which is supposed to be quitter then normal compressors.

But if its a load noise then this isn't correct as they shouldn't be load.

Pull it out a little bit and make sure nothing is touching the appliance at the back as that can cause vibration.

Then see how it goes but if its still making the load noise the you need to either get the retailer to replace the appliance or get LG out to check it out as they shouldnt

make load noises as that's not correct.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is free staring and have it 2inches and more from wall, brand new had dishwasher on in kitchen it is so much quoted than the fridge noise you can hear it hum with kitchen door closed down hall etc seen in manual what is on cycle is that why it's humming so load??
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Sorry im not sure what you mean by

''seen in manual what is on cycle is that why it's humming so load''

What cycle do you mean?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is in care and maître dance section under sound and noise regarding louder sound levels when compressor comes on it says that that refrigerator operates at higher pressure during the start of the ON cycle then says this is normal and sound level will level 0 S the refrigerator continues to run
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok im with you. When its like that the compressor runs faster so it does make a bit louder noise then normal but nothing dreadful.

As as you said it is a loud dreadful humming noise that shouldn't be like that. It should make a low humming noise when running but nothing loud so if its like that then you need to get them to check it out.

As theres nothing inside a fridge that needs to work in or settle down so what noise it makes now will more then likely just carry on.