KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Baumatic 1206W doesnt spin on the spin setting or on the

My Baumatic 1206W doesn't spin on the spin setting or on the woollen setting. It says 'end unb.' Is that an error message? Does it, for example, mean 'unblock?' It spins ok on the corron & linen setting.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to clean the drain pump assembly completely ?

Customer:

It's less than a year old. How do I clean the drain pump assembly completely?

KevinWhiteJA :

With the washer unplugged ..open the drain pump filter flap located at the bottom front of the washer...then turn the filter anti clockwise and clean everything inside

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

OK - I did do that a few days ago. All I got was a lot of water coming out. There was nothing clogging the filter so far as I could see. I could take another look. Meanwhile, do you have any other ideas?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have already done that then you will have to pull the washer out and make sure the drain hose is not clogged

Customer:

I've unscrewed the cap at the bottom right hand corner. Just a short white plastic fitting comes out - there's no filter attached to it. Is there something else that shoudl come out for cleaning?

Customer:

Meanwhile I'll check the hose.

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

Please check this Image

KevinWhiteJA :

after that short white fitting comes off try to clean everything from inside

Customer:

yes - that's what i've done. There's nothing to clean - it's empty. The hose at the back doesn't look blocked - but obviously I can only look from one end. It doesn't look possible to detach it.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, you will have to take the back off the unit to clean it...

KevinWhiteJA :

END UNB are both different errors

KevinWhiteJA :

END means cycle is finished

KevinWhiteJA :

and UNB indicates an unbalanced load

Customer:

aha - so how do I solve unbalanced load?

KevinWhiteJA :

which usually flashes when the laundry is unevenly distributed

KevinWhiteJA :

both flashing together can sometimes indicate that water is unable to drain due to unevenly distributed laundry

KevinWhiteJA :

Try to redistribute laundry to balance the drum..it should be overloaded

Customer:

ok - but I'm just washing one pullover. Now it's dripping wet. Have I got to fill the drum up to get it to work?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes

Customer:

Ok - let's try putting in the towels that I used to mop up the water from the filter. I'll try the spin setting.

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Well, something's happening. Could it be that the problem is worse because the machine wobbles about a lot on its feet? It was in the flat when I moved in and I've wondered if that was a problem. Maybe if I adjust the feet it would help?

KevinWhiteJA :

Well, you said its just less than a year old so I dont think the problem is with some part going bad rather it can be that it not correctly balanced..so yes, adjust the feet should help...if the problem returns then you should get this checked under warranty

Customer:

Yeah - problem is that Baumatic have gone bust and there's some doubt whether Hoover, who took them over, will honour the warranty.

Customer:

Anyway, good news is that the thing does now seem to be spinning. However, let's see if it's actually draining anything before we decide that was all it was?

KevinWhiteJA :

:) OK...you can contact them at(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

Thanks for the tel number. A couple of minutes to go on the spin cycle.

KevinWhiteJA :

No problem

Customer:

OK - result. It's very frustrating that there was no decent handbook with the machine - nothing with error codes in or a troubleshooting guide. Is there one that can be downloaded somewhere?

KevinWhiteJA :

So all working now ?

Customer:

Yep - seems to be working. Any ideas about getting a proper instruction manual for the machine though?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can download the User Manual from here

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

Great - thanks for the manual. That's much better. You've been very helpful. Have a great deay.