Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I want to access the controls in the door to investigate what

I want to access the controls in the door to investigate what looks like something burnt out and now the program runs for ever.
So which screws do I remove please?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Can you tell me, does the machine fill up with water and run for ever, or does it seem to drain continually?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It runs forever. there was a slight electrical burn smell when it happened yesterday and small soot deposit beside the middle program button. It continued to run indefinitely. One retry before noticing the smell and soot started program filled etc. but wouldn't stop.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wynne

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it continually washing or drainng?

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Assume washing because still has water inside.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wynne
Great, thanks

Sounds like the board might be fried !!

Disconect the power.
Undo all the screws arond the door and door edge.
Be carefull, as the outer door skin will come away from the stainless inner door, along with the top control panel.

You will then be able to see all the controls and board.
If the board is burnt you will have to replace it.

If you need more help, please let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't realise this form was here to ask you if there was a way to come back to you re swapping the control module on the same call charge, after the replacement module arrived, in my email chain and clicked on the website box asking if I wanted to ask a further question. It seemed to charge me again.