Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Upper spiner does not seem to be rotating. I have poured water

Upper spiner does not seem to be rotating. I have poured water into the part and water comes from each jet. Without the drawers in place water is coming from both outlets. I have used cleaner three times on 60 degree wash. Machine is still not washing items clean.
The machine is an 8 year old Siemans Ektraklasse HydroSensor.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the full model number please. Its usually etched into the door fram on the top as you open the door on the left and it should start E-nr

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I ran the machine on delay last night using the bottom rack only. Three things from that are:-

1) The delay seemed to be more delayed than normal, by 1 hour.

2) Even the tea pot was free from stains.

3) An item that was left on the top rack had a small piece of fat left on it.

Your request is as follows:-

SE24A230CB/45

TYPE S9VIS

The other number, which I guess is a product number is:-

01311032816400279.

Hope this is of help,

Regards,

Cliff

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you set the dishwasher going on wash cycle and when it starts washing if you open the door and add a jug of water does it seem to wash better and does the spray arm turn?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for your reply. I put an extra jug of water in the machine on rinse mode this morning. The lower spiner was rotating when I opened the door mid cycle but the upper spinner had not moved. Upon tilting the upper spinner some water dripped out. The pump operated at the start of the cycle and water went into the sink U bend but I did not hear water enter the machine prior to starting.

I will operate on wash mode if you request.

Regards,

Cliff

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I have checked the water level in the sump and made a note. Ran the machine on rinse mode. I put some dry mugs on the top rack to check if the mugs had water on the top. After the machine had run for 5 minutes I checked the sump water level. It was the same as first check. The spinner had not moved and the mugs were dry. Suspecting a water inlet problem I put in one jug of water, there was no change. When I put in a second jug of water the spinner was rotating and the mugs were wet. Since we live in a hard water area and cleaners do not clean the water supply, I guess we have a crusted valve.

I would value your views.

Cliff.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what you may find is the pressure chamber blocked up.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the left hand side panel.

From there you will see the plastic filling tank. Look in the bottom right corner and you will see the pressure chamber. Try and take this out and give it a good clean out.

Then you need to remove the outer door panel and then the bottom trim on the front below the door.

There you will see a hose on the left hand side going from the filling tank to the sump. Pull this hose out and give it a good clean as well.

Then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this may cure it as if the top arm turns when you add the jugs of water in then its looking like its not filling with enough water.

Let me know how it goes.