Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a dishwasher model SGS53C02GB. It is a few years old

We have a dishwasher model SGS53C02GB. It is a few years old now, not sure how old. Water is not draining - suspect blocked filter. The filter system rotates freely into the unlocked position but it will not lift out using the filter cylinder. Pulling too hard releases the cylinder, leaving the filter system in position. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

So when you try and lift the round filter inside the dishwasher is this the part you cannot lift out?

Can you remove it complete with the mesh filter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The manual shows that the mesh filter should lift out by lifting the round filter. This is not happening, and too much force removes the round filter, leaving the mesh filter behind. My wife has managed the machine in the past and has, I believe, had no trouble. Sadly she now has dementia and cannot help.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok to get the mesh filter out all you do is remove the round filter first and pull that out.

Then the mesh filter you can just lift up.

So hold the round filter cap and twist it clockwise and lift that up once that's out you can then lift the mesh filter out.

The mesh filter shouldn't come out with the round filter as that just lays in the bottom until you lift it up.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, still can't shift it. However, after removing what water was left the filter does appear to be clear. I've pulled the machine out and replaced it carefully in case there was a kink in the outlet pipe and I'll see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks for you efforts.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok very strange why the mesh filter is coming out as if you can remove the round filter then nothing holds the mesh filter in only the round one so if that's out the mesh filter should just lift out.

But if that's all clear then that wont stop it draining out. Fingers crossed you have sorted it but if not then its possibley a faulty pump as they do fail quite often on these.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.