Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I HAVE A BOSCH EXXCEL WASHING MACHINE THAT WILL NOT SPIN P

I HAVE A BOSCH EXXCEL WASHING MACHINE THAT WILL NOT SPIN PROPERLY
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also will the drum turn at all during the wash or spin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model WF02865UK/01 MACHINE GOES THROUGH FULL CYCLE BUT DOES NOT SPIN AT FULL SPEED

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so when you say not spinning at full speed im taking it that it does turn on a wash cycle and a spin cycle?

If so what load do you have in the washer at the time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ABOUT 4 KG THE TIMER SHOWS 8MINUTES LEFT THEN GOES TO 1MINUTE

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

I need to know is the drum actually turning during the wash and spin?

Also what kind of load is in there please. Is it a few items or a single item?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE DRUM TURNS AS NORMAL THERE ARE A FEW ITEMS IN THE MACHINE IT GOES THROUGH ALL THE SEQUECE S BUT WILL NOT GO ONTO THE FAST SPIN CYCLE

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok that's fine just wanted to make sure it wasn't a single item.

What you can try is remove the top of the washer and from there you will see the pressure switch on the side. It will have a thin rubber tube going to the bottom of it.

Remove this tube and blow hard down it.

Then refit it and then retry the washer and see what happens.

Fingers crossed its just a blockage in the air pipe so the pressure switch wasn't resetting and allowing it to spin as on these if the pressure switch thinks theres water in there still because it hasn't reset it will just turn the drum but wont allow it to spin.

So try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TRIED WHAT YOU SUGGESTED NOW WILL NOT SPIN AT ALL RUMBLING NOISE COMING FROM BASE OF MACHINE POSSIBLY FROM PUMP!

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so now its not turning at all?

When you replaced the carbon brushes were they worn down?

Do you have a multi meter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

brushes were 2/3 worn do not have multi meter

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok that's not enough to stop the motor from running

But for this fault you have now its looking like a faulty motor or control board im afraid.

To find out which you will need to have a meter to be able to test the motor. If you get one to test the motor you need to unplug the motor wiring block and then look at the tags you need to test between tags

1 and 2.

3 and 4

5 and 6 and 7.

If you don't get a reading from left to right try right to left. As you should get continuity between them.

If the motor is fine then this just leaves a faulty control board which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for all your help have decided to shoot it and put it out of its misery

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries to be honest for either of them you are looking at about the £200 mark for parts.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.