Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello. Im having problems with my Beko WM6143W washing machine.

Hello. I'm having problems with my Beko WM6143W washing machine. Now and then, when I put it on to a programmed wash (say "synthetics 40") it makes all the right noises that it usually makes, but after 30 seconds or so it completely stops, all the lights go out and I can't get it to start again - I turn the power off and on again, hold down the cancel button etc, but nothing.

I've checked the filter and other than a lot of water there was nothing untoward there.

This problem started as occasional and has moved all the way through frequent to constant, so that now when I switch it on there are no lights and nothing will work. I just found out how to run the self test mode and every step of it seems to work ok - it rotates both ways (slow and fast), takes water into each section of the drawer and even sounds like the drain function is ok, but when I switch it on to do a normal wash, nothing!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok not good news im afraid. If the washer completes the test cycle ok ie drum turns one way then the other then spins and then fills ok and drains then all this can be is a faulty control board.

Ive replaced loads of these over the years for fault like this were the test cycle works fine but normal mode doesn't. All this can be is down to the control board as by running the test cycle this proves all the componments in there work fine as that's what the test cycle does.

So to cure this the control board itself will need to be replaced and that will get it up and running again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. How much do you think that might end up costing?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The control board itself is about £55 but if you are getting someone in to do it you can add another £50 on top of that.