Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

STIHL SAW TS350 Will start and run for about five seconds then

STIHL SAW TS350 Will start and run for about five seconds then stop. After standing for a couple minutes it will do the same again. How do I keep it going.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Adam,
I am happy to wait for a answer.I don't know what els to say until the expert asks a question
TONY
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your saw?
Does it sound the same or a bit different?
Also look for additional or abnormal sparking in the motor.
Please let me know what you find.
And how long before the saw will let you run it even for a few seconds?
Please answer all of these questions, it will help us give you the correct advice ;-)
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael,
The saw is an old modle but as not been used much. When it runs it sounds good. The spark looks good to me.When it stands for a few hours it starts first pull and runs good for four or five seconds then dies out. It will not start again.Ii was used last summer successfully and as just been in the shed since. Does that do you any good. TONY
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This is an awesome saw by the way but because it sat the seals in the carburetor are dried out is all.
If you are handy you can replace them, a re build is what its called.
Or if you dot want to go through all that simply take it to a local small engine repair shop they will do this for you and your saw will be like it was brand new ;-)
I will stick with you no matter what you want to do and be here to assist. But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.