Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Siemens Wash Dry d12-52 f26 error code

Customer Question

d12-52 f26 - Machine stops mid cycle with no error code, only on occasion. usually during rinse cycle. all functions seem to be working fine.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for Using Just Answer.

Can you please provide the name of your machine? And if possible the age.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Siemens D12-52 washer dryer, maybe up to 5 years old.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. Now you say it stops in mid cycle ... but not all the time. Okay there is 2 different things that is going on here. 1) it could be that you have inadvertedly set your washer to do that. It varies on the cycle from normal to delicate. These machines are known to have a mind of their own per-say. The other problem is that the timer between the cycle is starting to go bad or it became confused. ... This being said the best thing to do is "Unplug" the unit for two minutes and then plug it back in. This will clear out the memory that it might of retained for some odd reason.

These machines has computers in them nowadays and you could say it needs to be rebooted. If it is some type of timer, or sensor they normally will not act this way. Not saying it couldn't happen but the odds that it can are very slim. I would advise to unplug this unit, wait two minutes and then plug it back in. This should do the trick. If not please get right back to me and we can take this further. Also notice if this machine is making an unuseal noise; like buzzing, adnormal clicking - like a quick repeating type, or whatever. If it just sits there and does nothing put your ear to it and see what you hear. Any additional information you can tell me will help if this reset don't work.

Thank you again and I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I've tried to switch off and reset the machine and this did not work either. I ran the diagnostic test (move to spin, hold RPM for 5 seconds and the switch dial one place clockwise and the error F26 came up. the Machine does not stop all the time but is happening more frequently and the machine always stops just after it has completed draining. It occurs on all cycles (wool, normal, colours etc) Many thanks.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for going through the trouble and getting me the error code. I'm sorry for putting you through this however everything today runs on numbers and codes. Taking something easy and making it more of a headache is the engineers way of keeping it simple. ... Anyways next to the model number there is an E&R number. If you could give me that number as well it will help me in tracking your error message. This message you are receiving is an uncommon one so it tells me that it could be a sensor of some sort since they rarley go out.

Well keep pushing through and I will have your answer for you. Please hang in there.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The numbers are E-Nr WD12D520GB\04

FD 8901 00039

WD12D520GB

Thanks, let me know if you require any further information.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hey There,

Thank you for the numbers ... I'm working on it so hang in there.
Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Well I think I narrowed it down for you. It took a bit of work, but the good thing is your machine is not broken. According to this code your problem is this;

What is happening is that depending on what you are washing, the machine becomes unbalanced. Normally this happens when you wash large items. As I figure, it must be a sensor and low and behold I was right. In your maching the manufactor installed a "safety sensor" and what this does is cancel your wash automaticlly when your wash load becomes unbalanced. Thier recomindation is not to wash large items. Just remember that these sensors were put in for your saftey because the engineers think you need it.

Now the real story ... I would have you watch what you put in and in what amounts. Towels, jeans, sweatshirts as well as jogging suits are consider heavy items as well as blankets, sheets etc ... These machines are design to do small loads that's it. If you are still having these problems after you cut back on the load, then this sensor went bad and needs to be replaced.

If there is anything else I can do, or have other questions, feel free to call back on me. I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the response Gary,

I've tried to reduce the loads and even run a load without anything in and the same error occurs, (it doesn't throw the error on the display, it only stops and freezes, only get the error when running diagnostic test) are you able to let me know the exact name and part number of the particular sensor that you think has gone bad?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I'll look into it for you and get back.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, any update?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hi;

Well let me tell you - this has been one of my most trying searches I had yet. Getting a complete parts breakdown for your machine was something else. I found it in the U.S. but having a listing of what the parts are called came into a language I couldn't read or speak. Old Microsoft transcribed it for me and it read like it came from a romance porn novel so there you go. I don't know what that deal was but it was interesting to say the least.

The complete break down on your machine is 5 pages. The sensor I suspect that is giving you troubles is on page 3. On that page the part is listed as 0321 and all it says is "Sensor" It is the only one I could fine that pertains to your drum, and as near as I can figure out it would be the only thing that could tell if your machine is out of ballance or not. The part number is 00619040-sensor "NTC". I couldn't find anything more pertaining to your machine either in the U.S. or U.K. In calling to company, and for the company to talk to you you'll have to be a registure/authorized dealer service provider. This being said we are only good as to the country we are in. You'll have to go to your local appliance repair service center to order this part. I can tell you that in the U.S. the company states no part available for the U.S.

So there you go. If youhave any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's a temperature sensor.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back and letting me know. Again without a written breakdown of the parts breakdown I'm kinda in the blind. However as I mentioned I would stay with you until we get this figured out.

In doing further research after your last reply, and since the machine breakdown only shows one sensor such as this, it would only stand to reason. From your responce it pointed me to an anolog switch. Through it all I manage to get what your code was saying.

The F26 refers to an anolog presure switch. It is located on page 4 (0401) the tube that it is connected to (0402 and 0410) could be clogged. If it is, this will make the pressure switch send the code and cause your machine to shut down. You may also want to checkout (0420) and make sure is it cleaned out as well. If everything shows clear, then you need to replace that switch. I'm sorry but I can't get a part number for this. This code is one that hardly evers shows up and this is why nobody knew what it was.

Well we managed to get your code broke, and thus lead us to the right direction. I am sorry it took so long, but I hope you understand why. Some companies make it very diffucult for the "do it yourselfers" to work on their product. Most cases it relates to lawsuits. This is why they push for the "authorize" dealer/repair and even so, like your machine you still needed a secret decoder ring to get information from companies service tech engineers.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If the anolog switch is bad, you'll have to refer to your nearest dealer for parts. I wish you the best.

Gary