Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we have a schreiber intergral fridge freezer that has to be

Customer Question

we have a schreiber intergral fridge freezer that has to be defrosted roughly every 4 to 8 weeks, we have no instruction booklet was not left when we bought our place, it is becoming a pain to have to do this, have you got any ideas, or know of any engineer who could look at this for us. thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Also approximately, how old is the freezer?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mo-del;no. XXXXXXXXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN these are the numbers on the inside of the fridge. When we moved into our home the fridge/freezer was already installed we have been here for about 8 years, sorry Michael can't tell you exactly

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Margaret,
Thats close enough.
First thing to check is the door seals all the way around. Please look carefully for any gaps. let me know if that is ok?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have checked the door seals and they appear to be all alright,

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Margaret,
This is a defrost issue, its a common problem that eventually hits all fridges lol.
In order to fix this you will meed a cheap multi meter, and some basic hand tools.
I will help you all the way with this repair and you can save a lot doing this one yourself, its not difficult just a process is all:-)
Did you want to go that route?
If so I will stick with you until this is complete but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Margaret.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what sort of tools are we looking at? to do job bearing in mind this is a bank holiday and we would not be able to deal with this until after weekend, thank you.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Margaret, you will need a few good screwdrivers philips head and flat head, pliers, and maybe a nut driver set.
I will talk you through this, what you will need to do is remove the shelves from the freezer and then the rear wall will be removed. in there you will see the components that make up the defrost parts. One of then is no longer functioning so therefore the unit is icing up up so fast.
The best thing to do in this case since you aren't a tech, is to replace the three parts you will find there. I will also let you know the best place to get them ;-)
Please rate kindly and I will lock us in, no additional costs to you for that. When you are ready to proceed with the repair, you will then simply reply to this message and I will get that information and reply
Thank you Margaret and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you michael we will get in touch as and when we are ready, also have a nice break yourself.margaret

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I will be here then:-)
Have great day!|