Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good morning, I have a Zanussi ZWH6140P washing machine nearing

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a Zanussi ZWH6140P washing machine nearing 2 years old. now and again the machine will pump the water out and continue pumping and not go to a spine cycle. I have checked and cleaned the filter and the outlet hose, all seems ok. when this has happened i have turn the machine off, opened the door and moved the washing around a bit closed the door and started the spin cycle again and it some times works, other times it does not.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How long will the pump continue to run if you left it that way?
Does the timer eventually advance?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Michael, the pump seems to run for 10 mins or longer and does not advance. I will try it again tonight and time it. The machine does not have an old fashion time clock that clicks around that you can see where the position is. Its like digital, you set the type of wash and temp and press start.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the timer, even though its electronic, I need to know if it ever seems to advance is all ;-)
I will wait for your reply.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, just put the machine on to do a wash, it started and done the first part of the wash taking in the power etc, it went to drain so the pump started and the water emptied. the pump has now been going for 1 hour and has not gone passed this stage.. It then shut down after about 1 hour and 20 min. when i looked at the control panel the start/pause button was flashing and the extra rinse light was on along with 40 deg. I checked the user manual and it said problem with drainage.

just checked the filter and it was clean, pulled the pump out to see if any thing had got trapped, no.

took the outlet pipe off the machine and pasted water through it and its not blocked.

i put a bucket full off water in the drum and had the outlet pipe over the sink and it drained and still did not go any further. (checking to make sure my house drain was not blocked).

I also tried the machine on a spin only cycle. the pump ran then stopped after a short while. paused then pump ran again then stopped again. started again after a while then stopped, and then the waning lights came up as before on the front panel. hope this helps?

kind regards

mark

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you please turn the unit off!
The problem is the water level sensor.
This part is inside and connects to the drum via a rubber hose. Its easy enough to replace and i will help you. Also I can assist you with where to get the part.
All you will need are a few basic hand tools to do this ;-)
I will stick with yo until this is complete but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael