Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello. I have a Hoover DYN D washing machine. I have had it

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Hoover DYN D washing machine. I have had it from new for 2 months!
It has worked fine until last night I put a fleecy jumper and a fleece baby blanket on a quick 14 min wash and went to bed. I woke several hours later and could hear a noise coming from downstairs. The machine had not spun, said E03 and was making a whirring noise. I turned it off. This morning we have drained the machine. Checked the draining pipe, the filter and the drain it goes into. I have emptied the wet washing out and tried to spin it again. It kinda goes through the motions, but when it gets to 2mins left it turns off and reads E03. I have unplugged the machine and left it 10 mins and tried it again. Still says E03. Any ideas please?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

E03 is a draining error code.

When you set it going on a spin cycle can you hear the pump running?

If not is there a slight humming noise coming from the filter area?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The pump is running ok. When water is placed in the drum it pumps out fine.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its pumping the water out but still coming up E03 then it may be the

pressure switch thinking there water in there still when there isn't.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top. From there locate the pressure switch. Its round and will have a few wires on it and a thin rubber hose going to the bottom of it.

Pull this hose off and blow hard down it.

Then refit the hose and retry the washer and see what happens.

Hopefully it may just be a small blockage in the air chamber causing this.

Try that and let me know how it goes and then we can take it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Did that, pipe seems quite hard to blow down, set to spin it just does the same. Turning both ways in turn slowly. then cutting out at 1 min to go. now reading E03 again.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the hose is off and its still showing the error code and theres no water in there then im afraid this is looking like either the pressure switch itself is faulty or the control board.

Just give the pressure switch a few taps with the handle of your screwdriver jut in case its stuck and it may free it that way.

But if not then one of the parts will be faulty and will need to be replaced.

As its only 2 years old you may want to get Hoover in to fix it under warrenty but as far as checking it over for any blockages you done all you can its looking like either the pressure switch or the control board is at fault here sorry.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, when you say if the hose is off? Do you mean, to try to run it with the hose to the pressure switch left off? I just did that, and it is still doing the same thing. The machine is only 2-3 Months old. Just that I cant get a reply from Hoover service people, so I thought we would try to sort it ourselves if it was something simple! Any other suggestions? Gallon of petrol and a box of matches looking like an option! LOL Not really.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Haha the gallon or petrol and box of matches is a gooden. Wish ive had them in the past sometimes.

But yes that's what I ment run it with the hose of the pressure switch.

To be honest these Hoovers are not the best anymore. Ive had a few go wrong under warrenty and mostly its the control boards which cause it.

But Hoover are usually closed over bank holidays so you can try them tomorrow just in case if not then they will be there Tuesday morning.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. Just a pity we could not get it working. Do I qualify for a partial refund as my problem was not solved? Or do I just have to accept that it was not something that could be fixed? I am going to score you as excellent anyway. You have been a great help. best regards Clare

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid I don't get involved in the payment side. But I think you cannot make a partial payment its just the full amount you sorted at the start of the question. As I just answer the questions on here.

Im afraid we don't get quite a lot of questions were the answer is to replace parts as mostly when a washer breaks down its usually down to a faulty part sorry.

Regards Daniel

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. thanks Daniel. hope you have a good bank holiday. cheers Clare

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare your welcome and have a good bank holiday yourself.