Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My s5555 red tap light came on with 50 mins left. Impeller

My s5555 red tap light came on with 50 mins left. Impeller runs freely and supply hose filters clear. Please help!
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you hear a pump running?
If so, does it stop if you open the door?

Rob

PS Is this integrated or freestanding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,
I really hope you can help as it's my daughters 16th today and we are having a big party so loads of washing up!
It is integrated.
When you switch e appliance on, the pump runs with the door open. I can physically see it running.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jason

Oh cripes, well fingers crossed eh !!

Pour a bowl of water into the machine and switch on for a minute. Open the door and tell me what happened to the water

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Put filters back, filled with a bowl of water and closed door. Immediately I could hear it drain and it appeared to sound like a normal cycle was commencing. After a minute, I opened the door and the red tap light was no longer illuminated. Water still in base is appliance. Sounds like it's ok?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jason

OK, try running a cycle and see if all is well.

If not, come back to me, Im here most of the day

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll run a cycle and see what happens. What was the problem do you think?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jason

It sounds like it just got stuck in a loop.

By pouring the water in, it new it had to empty first, this rekicked it.

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today. You can still come back to me after rating , if you need

ALl the best

Rob