Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Hoover HD 1600 aa has stopped draining and the filter will

Our Hoover HD 1600 aa has stopped draining and the filter will not undo. Is there a way of undoing the filter?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

On some of these filters theres a small black screw. Have you remove this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ther is no black screw that I can see. The filter should unscrew when the handle it is attached to in unscrewed but the handle wont unscrew it.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok that's fine was just checking your version didn't have that screw.

If the filter isn't unscrewing then theres something stuck in there stopping it from turning.

What I do is use a pair of pliers and tighten it an then loosen it off quickly to see if what ever is in there will dislodge.

If not then you need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall.

Then remove the screws holding the pump on.

Now the pump will drop down under the washer so get a bowl under there and then remove the 2 hoses going to it and the wiring block.

Now you can remove the pump and clear out what ever is stuck in there stopping the filter from unscrewing.

Once clear you can then open the filter and clear it out and then refit the pump and hoses and that should cure it.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I have is finding a screwdriver to fit and finding the screws. I have found 3 but cannot find any more, how many are there?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Which screws do you mean is it the ones holding the pump to the washer or the 3 screws holding the pump onto the filter chamber?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 3 holding the pump onto the filter chamber.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok them screws are torox screws (star shapped) usually size T20.

But sometimes if you have a thin flat bladed screwdriver you can get the screws out with that.

Failing that try and shake out what ever is in there from the pump ends.