Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a ZWl 1125 integrated washing machine, which keeps stopping

I have a ZWl 1125 integrated washing machine, which keeps stopping mid-programme, it's mainly between the rinse and spin, I called our local repairer to it and he said there is normally a reset button but couldn't find it. Due to this it won't let me put it on rinse or spin manually, when I try to do this the pause button just keeps flashing.

I wonder if you can help me with this problem, I've had the machine for about 5 years and it's been fine it started doing this occasionally a few months ago but is doing it all the time now. Yours sincerely XXXXX
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Your local repairer is wrong, there is no reset button.

Is the machine draining ok?

If you select spin, does it empty?

If you select rinse, does it fill with water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes it drains but may not do the final rinse because the fabric conditioner is still there not spinning much at all now when it does still quite damp not doing a proper spin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes it drains but may not do the final rinse because the fabric conditioner is still there not spinning much at all now when it does still quite damp not doing a proper spin seems to drain but not enough
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, have you checked the filter and the drain hose?

I asked if it fills when you select rinse, does it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we have checked filter and drain hose
It will not let me select rinse so no it does not fill and the same when I select spin this because the button flashes green each time, if I press it again it goes red in both cases.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, what happens when you try to select rinse?

Are you able to select the rinse program?
I'm not asking if you can start the rinse program, simply select it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

selected rinse programmel and it has gone right through it to the spin and the finish light came on - unbelievable - not done that for ages do you think I should try a wash?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
To be honest, if it's not spinning properly and it's not draining properly, it's pointing to a restriction in the drainage system of the machine.

Run it with no laundry, on it's hottest wash.
See if it clears any build up

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi done as you suggested had the drainage hose checked,
Put it on hottest wash and it went right through the programme - wash
rinse and spin - light came on programme finished, so thought l would try putting a wash in and it stopped again when it got to rinse/spin, this is what it keeps doing!!!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if it's stopping at the same point it's timing out on drain.

Why it would work when empty but not when it has clothes is a mystery.
Same as why it wouldn't do a rinse and spin but did when I asked you to test it.

Does your machine have a display or only lights?

Thansk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only lights
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Turn the machine on.
Close the door.
Press and hold together the start button and the button to the left of it.

while holding, the light should flash green then red.
Count the green flashes, let me know how many.
Count the red flashes, let me know how many.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi done that

Flashes 2 green and 3 red

Then did nothing
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
That's error code E32.

The service manual lists the following.
Drain tube kinked/clogged/improperly positioned; Drain filter clogged/dirty; Drain pump faulty;
Water circuit on pressure switch; pressure switch;
Wiring; main board.

Did it stop with water in it or empty?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When it had no clothes in it emptied

With clothes in drum appeared to be empty of water but clothes were still quite damp, like they hadn't had a full spin but not dripping.
l
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
They won't spin if it's not drained all the water or if the pressure switch hasn't reset.

Open the door.
Run a rag under the door seal, at the bottom, where it meets the inner drum.
Is there gunge on it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes done that there is a little grunge there will clean it out and try wash tomorrow, do you think it could be that ?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
I think the pressure chamber is blocked with sludge, preventing the pressure switch resetting when the machine empties.

Try another hot wash, nothing in it.
See if it clears the gunge from the pressure chamber.

Failing that, you'll need to the check the pressure switches, pressure tube and ensure it's all good.

Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi just put machine on to clear bit of gunge there is.

Where are the pressure switches pressure chamber and pressure tube?

Hopefully
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
To access the pressure switch(es) you need to unplug the appliance.
Take the top off.
Look for the thin tube attached to a circular item.
It runs down the side of the tub to the bottom.
Take the tube(s) off of the switch(es) and blow down them as hard and as long as you can.

Refit the tube(s) then try the machine on a wash.

Good luck with it.
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning , well it's good news done what you said by cleaning the gunge off inner seal and so far so good done 3 washes and a rinse/spin all from start to end it's unbelievable thank you so much, think my time runs out today so thanks again
Mary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I don't have any more questions at the moment I sent your rating am very pleased with the service
Thankyou