Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi there, I have a rather different enquiry that I wonder

Customer Question

Hi there,

I have a rather different enquiry that I wonder that someone may be able to help me with.

I bought a Maytag Condenser Dryer MTD 09WH in March 2014

Its still under warranty but as I have relocated overseas I know that the warranty is affected by this.

I am prepared to pay a consultancy fee for someone who could maybe guide me through repairing/diagnosing the fault myself. I will be back in the UK in June so I could take a spare part back with me.

The dryer worked for the first and second time we used it but on the third one when we pressed the start button, it blinks quickly about 3-4 times and does not start.
Every other electrical componenet seems to be working.

I am in a country where the elctric goes on and off quite often so I wonder if this has caused it. Also i have checked door closure, heat exchanger, water reservoir.

There are no warning lights on the dryer or error codes.

Hope someone can help!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

That is unfortunately an issue where the main control board is affected by the power cuts.
You may now need a new main control board, I could help you fit that if you want its easy to do.
But if its still under warranty, I would try like heck to get it fixed by Maytag as the part is pretty expensive.
If that is not an option I will let you know the best place to get that part.
And we can fit it when you have the time ;-)
One thing I want you to try,(just to see if the controller is in a temporary state of confusion) as can happen.
Please unplug the unit and then press and hold the on button, for 30 seconds, then release it. Next wait 1 full hour then you you can plug it back in and see if the conditions still exists, please let me know.
I will stick with you until this is fixed one way or another but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

Many thanks for replying-i really don't see how maytag could repair it as i am in Nigeria working for Shell Oil. I am pretty disappointed that it failed after 3 tries but there you go!

I will try what you suggested then get back to you.

It doesn't really have an 'on'button-it has a start button and on the dial for the programmes you kind of turn it to the right from its off position to power it up-which one shall i hold?

many thanks

lee

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi if you have a START Button that will work.
I will be here when your ready.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I tried that but still does exactly the same-blinks 2/3 times when you press start.

How much will a new part cost?

lee

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi this is likely a bad main board unfortunately.
It can occur because if the power situation you experienced.
As for cost please let me know where you want to buy the part from so I can help you there as different counties even states will have different prices for that.
thank you Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

i will need to buy the part from the UK.

Lee

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi lee, I agree, but don't tell them where you are now. Maybe you could have part shipped there to friend maybe, I will help you with the replacement :-)
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't tell who? I am back in the Uk next month and can pick a part up
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Yes just get the part , but if you wanted to do this under warranty you will need to get the part in the same country you bought it. i will be here when you need me
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
d
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So are you saying that I can get the part for free if under warranty?

It still has over a year left and 10 years parts warranty?