Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hoover 9144DG -Door lock symbol blinking. Machine doesnt work.

Customer Question

Hoover 9144DG -Door lock symbol blinking. Machine doesn't work. I select the programme (Coloureds) press dart and immediately the door lock symbol starts flashing. I have checked the filter (empty) pushed against the door but no avail. If I press the start for more than 3 seconds all other lights start flashing but still not working. I have also tried the spin cycle but still nothing. The door closes with a nice click - any ideas
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when you close the door aand select the cycle, are you able to re open the door, or has it actually locked?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can re-open the door

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adam

This sounds like you have a failed door interlcok

The original lock is no longer available. However it looks like there is a replacement.
Do you want to replace this yourself, its fairly straightforward?

Can you tell me how old the machine is please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think the machine is 3-4 yrs old. We would like to replace the lock ourselves. Please advise

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adam

Thanks, great

Please go here just click the word in blue
This is the replacement lock and you can buy it there. Its a straightforward job. On that page is a video which shows you how to do this job

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob