Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

airforce-very poor suction.Even tho switch is still two s

Customer Question

airforce-very poor suction.Even tho' switch is still two stage
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
may we have the full model #?
also how old the unit is?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cannot give any more description so I continue to wait.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I need the model #?
And the age of your appliance , then I can hep you for sure.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MODELRH8548KA/9A3-50/10R

Type RH85

You should realise I am not an expert!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi do realize that but how old is your is force ?
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We believe less than two years

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so you got it second hand?
Also how was it working just before this incident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why are you saying that?

We bought it from Amazon and we believe it was about 2 years ago.

We also have one in Spain h we have had for longer and that is

still working.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for your patience, we had internet issues here this week.
But let me ask how does it sound when its running, anything different and also is there any suction at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wheezy with nominal suction.

It seems as though we are going round in circles, perhaps we should draw a line underneath it.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi this sounds like a clog really. If the motor runs well and there is loss of suction on this model the only two things it could be is either a clog, or bad seal.
You will need to open the unit to find the seals, but really check the unit well for a clog first.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael