Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have 2 x KSV36VL30G larder fridges. I bought them just about

I have 2 x KSV36VL30G larder fridges. I bought them just about a year ago and they are great. However, recently we have noticed increasingly that when the fridge is closed it becomes very, very, difficult to open it again without waiting for several minutes. (A real nuisance if you just wanted to put some milk in your tea then replace the bottle).
Really tugging at the door will open it but the handle does look to be straining hard and it is better to wait (although often not convenient) for a few minutes.
I don't think anyone has adjusted anything, so I need to know what is happening please.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Were abouts are they located?

Is it in a warm location?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are in the (large) kitchen

The house is new, very well insulated and therefore warm - usual temp in the kitchen- around 22/23deg

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok that temp isn't that bad that's just normal.

What is happening is the warm are is mixing with the cold air inside the fridge so when you close the door it creates a vacuum for a bit that's why its hard to open the door straight away.

We get this fault a lot in the summer when its hot and then there isn't much you can do. But if its happening all the time while its running at normal temp then it wont get better.

Sometimes adjusting the door can help as it leaves a small gap at the top of the door and seal and this allow it to open normal without causing any problems.

As if you open the door and close and try and open it again instead of pulling the handle place you fingers in the edge of the door and just break the seal were its up against the fridge and this lets air in and it will open as normal then.

But as they are just a year old they are still under warrenty with Bosch as all there appliances come with a 2 year warrenty. So give them a bell and get them to come out and adjust the doors and that should sort it.

Or if you want to do it yourself you need to adjust the hinge at the bottom so the door comes out a little and that should do the trick. As long as theres a small gap either at the top or bottom between the seal and cabinet that will be fine. As I said it doesn't have to be much just a small gap and that will sort it without giving any problems.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Daniel. I will contact Bosch as you suggest

.

I can't get into the seal with fingers or anything as the fridges stand side by side with the opening in the middle, so there is less than a finger of space!

I don't remember having the problem when we got them. It has sort of crept up over the last few months.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if they are side by side that makes it a bit difficult. But give them a bell and they will sort it out.

As to why its just doing it that's strange how its just started rather then doing it from day one.

Just a though what temp do you have inside the fridge?

If its very cold that can also cause it as well. Turn it up to about 4-5 degs and see if that makes a difference.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I'll try that. It is set on the recommended number 4 at the moment.