Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a microwave E no. HF 36M5628/35 FD no. 9206 H11108 My

Customer Question

I have a microwave E no. HF 36M5628/35 FD no. 9206 H11108
My appliance has stopped heating, if put on to any heat, will apparently work until the timer reaches one minute and will stop, having remained stone cold. Then the bleeper will bleep repeatedly. What have I done? All throughout it will not have warmed whatever is in the oven.
I used it last evening and it was OK.

Can you offer any advice?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Does the microwave sound any different?
Also how is the unit?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The unit was installed July 2012.

It does not sound any different.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
hi Ann sorry for the delay,
Pleas explain exactly what is happening So 5 can help you.
Thank you `Ann.
Tech Michel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My microwave is not heating anything. Whatever I put in comes out cold even on the 1000 button.

However long I give it to heat, it cuts off at one minute when the bleeper continues every few seconds.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX sound any different at all?
Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I must add that this is a built-in unit with an ordinary oven.
No, it sounds no different.

The only thing that has happened this week is that the light, which lights the inside of the microwave oven failed which I replaced on Wednesday, pulling the oven out from its fixing to do so. Also the light which lights up the clock also failed a couple of weeks ago, which is still off.

Otherwise there is no change in anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann, when the light failed, is that when the trouble occurred with the heating?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. It was 48 hours later.

I was using the oven after I replaced the light.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ann,
does it sound exactly the same when you run it, this is important.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already told you that there is no difference in the sound.

It is important that I get this sorted quickly as it is my main source of cooking.

If you have no other suggestions as to what it could be, please do not charge me and let me get someone else.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ok , please forgive me I work with so many customers lol.
Same issues.
This is a bad magnetron, it is sis the part responsible for heating its pretty easy to replace and I will help you but a word of warning is in order.MICROWAVE OVENS CAN CONTAIN LETHAL VOLTAGES EVEN WHEN THE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED!!!
Please do not jump ahead, I will keep you safe doing this repair.
Also I will let you know the best place to get that part.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Ann.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think I had better ask Seimens to come out to see to it as I cannot do things myself and it's difficult for me to get parts.

I am somewhat disabled with both hands and legs, so there are physical problems. When I logged on to you I thought I was in touch with Seimens.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi this is not something you have done, it a a bad magnetron is all if this microwave is not still under warrant, I ill help you get the part and safely fix this, its pretty easy to do as well.

Thank you Ann.

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Michael, this has already taken a great deal of time

I have already fixed a date with Siemens so please don't go ahead.

Thank you for your time

Ann

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann, what you will need is a new magnetron. As i had mentioned. Please rate kindly, it wont cost you anything further to do that and I can then close this question for you.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael