KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Ink absorber full, how do I fix ?

Ink absorber full, how do I fix ?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Ink absorb er (waste ink pads) is a sponge pad that is located under the chamber where you insert the cartridges. You can locate the waste ink pads to the right of the cartridges. Open the cover, move the cartridges to the center, and then press the pad of absorbent paper towel onto the waste ink pads. This will absorb a lot of ink in the pads and that will remove the warning after you reset the printer waste ink tank counter. Another thing you can do is to completely replace the waste ink pads or maybe take a hot water towel and clean it till the time you see no ink residue on the towel & then let it dry out.

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem should be solved after you have performed this procedure

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

how do I move cartridges to center ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Open the cover with the unit unplugged you can move them

Customer:

OK how do I reset the waste ink tank counter ?

KevinWhiteJA :

To reset waste ink tank counter please follow this procedure

KevinWhiteJA :

1) Enter SERVICE MODE.
By pressing Menu, Copy, Scan, Copy, Copy
2) Select TEST MODE.
3) Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4) Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5) Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6) Press the [Set] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key.

Customer: no response, on/off light flashing green, alarm lamp flashing orange, b and c lamps are orange,
Customer: nothing I do seems to change that.
KevinWhiteJA :

so you have already tried to clean them and the problem is still there ?

Customer: Yes, I cleaned ink absorbers with paper towel, nothing changed.
KevinWhiteJA :

Can you remove the waste ink pads and clean them with warm water..try to run them under warm water and clean the ink as much as you can...after this is done please follow this procedure to reset it

KevinWhiteJA :

To enter in SERVICE MODE
1) Power off Printer
2) Push and hold "Resume" button and then push and hold "Power" button
3) Hold the Power button, then release and 2 times press Resume button
4) Led indicators must change
5) Release all buttons
6) Then printer in Service Mode
(If something wrong, repeat 1-6)

To clean absorber counter,
7) Press "Resume" Button 4 Times and after press Power button. It's all! Your absorber count is EMPTY!

Customer: you keep asking me to do things I don't really know how to do, without diagrams to even show where these parts are. Have tried all above and am no further on. Am covered in ink and totally pissed off!.
KevinWhiteJA :

Well that is the only way to clean it and solve the problem...unfortunately there is no other way to solve the problem, you can either use warm water to clean it, if that does not solve the problem then you will have to replace the waste ink pads

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years