Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hello, i have an integrated neff dishwasher. am only using

Customer Question

hello, i have an integrated neff dishwasher. am only using it for the first time and have followed all the instructions.. put in the water, salt, rinse aid and soap... selected programme and turned on. It starts for about 15 seconds and then stops. what do you think is wrong? I asked my neighbour who has the exact same dishwasher and she has two additional lights that turn on with hers which does not appear on mine
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay do you still need help on this?

If so can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
S5453X1GB/56
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
S9J1F
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok when you set it going what actually happens?

Can you hear the pump running?

Does it stop and then put water into it?

If you open the door when it stops is there water inside?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like it is trying to start - makes some noise for 15 seconds but then stops. No waster comes out however.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you look inside the dishwasher is there any water in there?

Is this a new install of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no water in there whatsoever. It is the first install. I have followed instructions completely. And my neighbour with the same dishwasher tried as well.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its just been installed im taking it the water has been turned on?

If you the you need to pull the dishwasher out and check the fill hose hasn't kinked up at the back. As sometimes when you pushes this under the unit it can squash the fill hose and stop it from filling up with water.

Then retry it and see if it fills with water and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am not sure I can pull the dishwasher out as is fitted into my kitchen. Do have I idea how I can check the hose if I can get it out
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Im afraid the hoses are at the back of the dishwasher itself.

But if its located next to a sink then look in the cupboards next to it and you will see the hoses. One may be attached to the sink and the other to the water supply with a small plastic tap on it. Make sure that tap is turned on. It should be I the 12 oclock position. If its in 3 oclock then the water is turned off.

But if the water is turned on then im afraid the water pipes are all at the back which mean the dishwasher will need to be pulled out sorry.