Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hi, I have a whirlpool adg7540. It doesnt seem to be getting

hi, I have a whirlpool adg7540. It doesn't seem to be getting water in at the start of the cycle.... it then aborts after a couple of minutes. Is possible that the filter is blocked, if so, how do i get at the filter
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

When it doesn't fill is it stopping with the start light flashing?

If so count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 flashes and beeping as well, in fact the pump doesn't stop

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when it does this if you open the dishwasher is there any water inside there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no water inside

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is open the dishwasher and remove the bottom basket and then take the filters out.

From there look inside the sump and you will see a black grid on the right hand side wall.

Pore a kettle full of boiling water into the sump and then with an old tooth brush give the black grid a scrub. But not to hard otherwise it may damage the membrain in there.

Once its all clear start the dishwasher going on its hottest wash and see if this cures the fault.

If its still the same then its possibley the pressure switch (black grid) in the base at fault here

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

followed your instructions twice and unfortunately no difference

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you can check first is remove the outer door panel and from there you will see the wiring in the loom.

Were the wires go down the door give each wire a tug as sometimes they can break in there as it bend under the door.

But if the wiring is fine then its looking like a faulty pressure switch as its quite a common fault on these. We replace a lot as what happens is the switch fails so it thinks it has water in there when it doesn't that's why its not filling with water and flashing the error code.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no apparent damage to cables. I disconnected the plug on the pressure switch (black) and it runs further into the cycle and adds some water but then fails again with 11 blinks. If the it is the pressure switch, can you help find the part number so that I can get a new one online or from a whirlpool supplier ?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the 11 flashes will be because the switch is disconnected and as it filled with it disconnected this proves the fault is with the pressure switch.

Click here for the switch. this is the cheapest place ive seen it.

Or the part number is #481227128556

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.