Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my bosch rotak 36 ergoflex lawnmower is not working, motor

Went to used my bosch rotak 36 ergoflex lawnmower. Grass was very long and it started working and cutting for a few seconds then stopped cutting and smoke started bellowing out of the bottom. Removed all the tangled grass and cleaned around the blade it is not working. When you try and use it you can hear the motor or is working however the blade is not engaged and does not spin, what is wrong?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

To help me find the diagrams etc, can you please tell me the 10 digit product number from the data plate please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TYP 3600H82170

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that

If you can hear the motor turning and yet the blade is not spinning, even after you have cleared any obstruction, its likely to be the belt.

I suspect that something got caught in the blade which stopped it turning, this caused the belt to stop but the motor continued, burning through the rubber.

You will need to check and replace the belt accordingly.

I have the parts diagram if you need it.

The belt is readily available from Bosch or a Bosch dealer with the 10 digit number.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that, I think that explains it. If i could get the parts diagram of you as well that would be great. My other problem is I cannot seem to open up the lawnmower to access the belt. There is no obvious place where it seems you can access the inside and the motor.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
The parts list shows how its assembled

It will take me ten minutes or so to upload this for you

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be brilliant if you could please do that and let me know when its done.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Please go here (just click on the word ”here”).
Wait for the page to settle, ignore the adverts then click the download button. You are looking for the Media Fire file

Please feel free to keep the file or print it for future reference

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you on a Sunday

Rob