Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

After turning off my Hotpoint Fridge/Freezer for several days

After turning off my Hotpoint Fridge/Freezer for several days because of ice build up in the bottom if the freezer. Turned it back on and all three lights keep flashing - I can't turn them off. I have tried turning the dials back to off and holding down the Superfreeze & Supercool buttons down for several seconds, all the lights go off but as soon as release my fingers from the buttons all three lights starting flashing again. The fridge and freezer seem to be working ok although seem colder than they used to. Please tell me what to do now.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you get all the lights flashing flashing like this to reset it you just open the fridge door.

Turn the freezer dial only to off.

Wait 20 seconds then turn it back on and that should stop the lights from flashing.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou - it worked right away. Quite a relief to see the flashing lights gone.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Nice one glad to hear that's sorted it and thanks for letting me.

If you haven't already if you could rate the answer that would be great.