Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Competence hob and oven. E2190-1-A Type 90AJCO69C

I have an AEG Competence hob and oven. E2190-1-A Type 90AJCO69C PNC XXXXXXXXX The hob works fine. It is about 10 years old. But although the oven switches on, and the fan whirrs etc, I find it is never really hot enough and I have to cook everything at a much higher temp than is recommended and for far longer to get anything really hot and cooked and brown on top etc.
Should I have an engineer to look at it? this is in a flat we have bought in London, and usually at home I cook on an AGA! I am always really worried that the food will not be sufficiently cooked in time etc. Could the thermostat be faulty? Even when I turn it up full the light doesnt come on to heat it up to a higher temp like you would expect etc.

Also, how, if I need one, can I get hold of an AEG engineer if I want one in the E3 area of London.
Sorry to waffle on!
Sue Thomas
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the fan is running and the oven does get a bit hot then its more then likely the thermostat at fault here. As the thermostat tells the heater to get hot so if its getting hot then the heater is working but if not hot enough its the thermostat knocking off to early.

For you local AEG engineer call this number 08445 610647.

They are the agents for you area for AEG so give them the details and they will come out and get it sorted for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.