Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Hoover OPH 614, when I try to start a cycle the Door

Customer Question

I have a Hoover OPH 614, when I try to start a cycle the Door Security light flashes. I have tested the lock mechanism and it is working fine, the door locks as normal but the cycle doesn't start. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer;

In what you are saying, it sounds like you may have a bad sensor that is unable to read the latch as it closes, or it could be as simple as an adjustment. The doors on these machines are heavy. Look at the latch, and compare it to the catch. It could be that it is stricking low and it isn't tripping the sensor telling it that it is secure. Also with the door open, grab it and see if you can move it up and down. It could be that the hinges are loose/worn. This will also put the door out of adjustment.

If your latch is hitting center with the catch, and your hinges are tight and there is no movement, my guess it would be that sensor. It could be as simple as a broken wire due to vibration of the door opening and closing combine with machine vibration. Also, when examine the sensor, see it it's loose as well. Something this simple could be all that is wrong. I would have you look at the catch and latch as well and see if those screws are tight.

All of these simple items I mention will give you the code you see. Again if everything is checks out fine, then this sensor needs to be replaced. I wish you the best.

Gary