Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I Have a Hotpoint Dishwasher s/n bft68x 20702804 error code

I Have a Hotpoint Dishwasher s/n bft68x 20702804 error code AO1 what do I do
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

A01 error code is water leak in the base so its activated the anti flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards. This will allow the water in the base to drain away so you will need a few towels for this part.

Once the water out the anti flood switch will reset itself. So retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there.

If it does it again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this.

So check it out and see what you find but that's what error code A01 means.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will have to try in the morning as I have left my work place where the dishwasher is. Hoe this works thanks.will let you know if this does not cure.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries that's fine. It should work as if its A01 error code have this is water in the base of the dishwasher activating the flood switch.