Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

WF02464GB Everything works OK except it will not spin. Have

Customer Question

WF02464GB Everything works OK except it will not spin. Have cleaned the filter and pump works OK and drains down.
I'm an engineer myself. I read that maybe the water level sensor is misbehaving and telling the controller it is not empty, therefore stopping the spin.

I have the top off and can see the sensor assembly and pipe. How do I proceed ?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Have you checked the door switch?
Also how old is your washer?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All other machine functions work correctly so door switch must be OK surely ?

Machine is about 10 years old ...

I have googled the problem as it is not uncommon. On spin the cycle starts with 11 minutes to go, does a lot of pumping out and then jumps to 1 minute to go and finishes without doing a spin.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi That is something that really needs to be checked because the machine wont spin if it doesnt work correctly.
Please let me know if you need more assistance with that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already identified that it is probably something to do with the water level sensor..... I need advice on whether it can be rectified by myself. I had heard that you can remove the sensor pipe and blow down it to remove any problem.....please advise.........

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for that, that will also cause this problem. You can easily replace that part. The best place for that is Esparese they will have the best price, and i will help you when you have part. This something that really needs to be replaced i have seen too many flood disasters when they start to fail. But below is the info you need. I will stick with you until this is complete but since it will take a bit of time, if you will rate my service thus far as good or better, the system here will let me schedule free follow ups with you until this repair is complete. Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

All I have learnt so far is that the part that I suspected was causing the problem, needs replacing in your opinion.

I hoped we could fix it with your help.

On this basis I really can't justify the potential £28 charge and will have to mark you as less than OK.

I'm sorry but thanks anyway.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Perran, that is the problem, and I will help you with this, it wont cost you more to rate me as Ok or better. Also it allows me to stick with you until the job is complete.I would definitely replace the water level sensor. You can then ask me anything, I have been an expert on this site for over 5 years and I am a well respected one at that lol.So you can ask me anything but please don't rate me as less that on it will mess up my good standing. You can choose not to rate as well and if you would like another expert I will help find one. Thanks for your understanding and have a great day! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

I understand what you are saying and would rate you as - Unable to help in this case - but such a rating does not exist.

Can you liaise with the website and see if there is some way we can finish the 'consultation', so that I do not incur a fee and I can rate you as Good.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Perran I will let them know, so they don't charge you anything. but please rate me as ok at least so I can continue. Also if you have further questions, I will help you no additional cost ;-)
have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Happy to do that Michael, but I would like 'them' to email me to confirm that there will be no charge on my credit card.

I'll then give you an OK rating.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Perran, as i was saying I will ask them about this and they are generally good. But it takes some time. I have already sent a request in to them about this.
i will stick with you and assist you however you need but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

Just wanted to say that I tried the 'fix' that I suggested to you that I had heard about earlier - that is I drained down, removed the pipe from the level sensor and blew down it hard. Replaced the tube and found that the spin cycle then started.

So this seems to have solved the problem - maybe it's worth remembering this if other users have the same problem.

I'm contacting the site to follow up about cancellation and will keep in touch until this is resolved and then rate you as discussed earlier.