Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hello, Indesit Washer (Omega 1100) WG 1185WG/1. Not draining

Indesit Washer (Omega 1100) WG 1185WG/1. Not draining after cycle. I installed a compatible new drain pump DP. Re-start. The water didn’t enter drum but immediately leaked UNDERNEATH the front bottom FILTER (not from it), to the left, onto floor. This fault is NEW. On inspection, drain pump, sump hose & all hose connections were connected, dry & tight. COULD it be the electrical connections (L & N) to the drain pump? Both thin leads to the DP connectors are identical – does it matter?
Thanks, edward
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Edward,

In reading your problem, here it sounds like your drain line either to the pump or after the pump is clogged. This is a common item, and just wondering if you had the chance to see if these lines were clear. Please let me know if you did, and on the off chance you hadn't, I would recommend that you go back underneith and disonnect your pump and check those drain lines.

As per the pump, was this an aftermarket one? Normally there is only one way for the plugs to go in so having said that it would be unlikely for the pump to run backwards. A trick you can do if you don't mind getting a bit wet is to set a 5 gallon bucket on the floor leaning it at an angle along side of the machine and fill it. Take the drain hoze and stick the discharge end into the bucket as to the angle of the bucket is inline with the hoze.. Squeeze the hoze so you can get water it in. Once the air bubbles work themselves out, add more water. Then activate your washer so it has the pump discharge. One of two things are going to happen. Either the water will return into the bucket or it water in the bucket will be sucked into the machine. If you get no results, you might have to prime the hoze by squeezing it a few times.

Please let me know what you found out.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Gary, I will come back to you tomorrow, Edward

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Edward
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I couldn't discover a defect but the leak has stopped, yet there seems now to be a continuous filling issue(!) as I had to stop & move dial forward twice (an old remedy). Many thanks for yr advice and good service. Signing off for now, Ed

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ed,

In refering to what you just said, it all makes sense now. By advancing the timmer manually in what you explained is telling me that the timmer is bad. The timmer on the machine controls everything, the water leak, filling issue the whole nine yards. Once you replace your timmer, it will take care of all of your issues with this machine. The water problem was the timmer stuck on the fill cycle and it caused your machine to over flow. I have also seen where the timmer was on the discharge cycle and nothing happened, however it advance to the fill/rince cycle doing the same thing. This isn't something a person would think of right away because when pumps are changed out, normally the lines are either not tight, or they are plugged. However, when you mentioned that you had to move the timmer (dial) ahead aas you mentioned (old remendy) put it into perstective.

I wish you the best

Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances