Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Weve just hooked up the water supply to our KAD62V40SA but

We've just hooked up the water supply to our KAD62V40SA but any time we turn the water on it just leaks out (like it's overflowing). Unless we turn off the water nothing stops it. Any ideas? I've checked that the ice maker power is on and IWD Off is not showing on the display panel.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

I'm sorry, but if you are replying I cannot see it. I'm going to switch this to a Q & A and then I'

Gary :

I'll be able to see what you wrote. Also it will give us more time to fix your problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me where the water is coming from? Any more information would be helpful.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's from the ice maker. It seems that the water is coming in but if just overflows and then trickles underneath the ice box and down the back of the freezer. It's as if there's no route for the water to take or nothing controlling the flow.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. The problem is the water control valve. It is either stuck part ways or all the way open. This control valve works on a sensor. So it could be that as well. This sensor tells the valve when to open and close. It'll call for water when it wants to make ice. When water is allowed in, it'll fill the chambers to a certian level and then has it shut off. The heart of all of this is inside your ice maker.

The only question that remains is how new is your unit? If you just bought it, it'll be covered under warantee for up to 2 years in some cases. Beyond that, this repair would be on you. I can't find a complete part listing for the ice maker so it is either a dealer item, or you can't get any parts ... just a complete replacement.

I wish you the best ...

Gary