Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi my vax rapide carpet washer as ust stopped working

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is the unit?
And please describe the exact issue you are having so I can help you better.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael thanks for helping the model number is XXXXX I think the vax is around 5yrs old. I was using it his morning to suck up some spilt ater and then it just stopped working. have change the fuse but still no luck

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Tracie, are there any signs of life and to be sure, did it fail while it was on and being used?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No! no sign of life at all and yes it just stopped.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again for that information. This could be one of a few things but usually it will be the thermal fuse inside that has failed. Its a cheap part and easy to replace but you would need to order that and take the unit apart for this repair.
Also a multimeter would be very helpful for this.
I will help you with this if you want to make the repair, but if your not too handy a vacuum repair shop can easily fix this for you for not too much.
I will stick with you Tracie no matter what you choose to do since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Tracie.
Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracie, please don't forget to rate my service no so I can set up the free follow ups.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I ask where will i find this thermal fuse is it the ones conected to the on off button

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracie,

Please try Espares first. let me know if they have your parts or you need additional sources.
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 400 7888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeh hi again looks like this part is no longer available, so I think its maybe for the bin?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracie, I know now a days the suppliers don't keep parts very long, but I will continue to search for you and will let you know if I can locate that for you.
I feel for you I really do.
Have a great day anyway Tracie.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome Tracie.