Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I am planning to buy a Hotpoint Gas Cooker HUG52P but firstly

I am planning to buy a Hotpoint Gas Cooker HUG52P but firstly want to be sure if my existing gas supply will need to be moved very much. It will need to be moved as I am moving the cooker position 150mm away from the end wall to comply with installation instructions and all gas work will be undertaken by British Gas. The Hotpoint gas connection is on the right side as you face the front of the cooker and the gas supply is on the left side rear and on my existing cooker (New World) it is the same and the cooker hose hung in a curve at the back. However I am confused with the Hotpoint Installation instructions which say the hose must not be in contact with the 'hot' parts and there is a rather confusing diagram. So my question is what are the 'hot' parts referred to are they just at the top rear or are they the full height of the rear and will it be safe to hang the hose across the lower part of the rear.
Eddie Roberts
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Eddie,
first yes the only hot parts are up top, and that should be fine. And because you are only installing the new unit not very far away, you may already have enough flex line there to do this. But even if you need to lengthen the line they do sell extensions and they work very well.
But keep in mind these lines are all reverse thread, so you would turn them to the right o loosen them.
I will stick with you until this is all done, so I can be here for any further questions but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Eddie.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks Michael

The existing supply pipe bayonet connector may be too high up because I am moving the cooker along the wall by 150mm I think the connection is nearer the top & in the 'hot' parts. I will check more closely as its over at my daughters.

So if the pipe loops/hangs over the lower/mid section of the Hotpoint it will be safe to touch lower down?. (its how it hangs at the moment, but different make cooker although it also has vents at the rear as they all do.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that information Eddie,
The units are made to handle the heat produced by the unit.
So I wouldn't think you will have any problems with this, i have installed so many stoves and HOBS lol;-)
I will be here if you need me further.
Please rate kindly before closing this page so I can stick with you, no additional cost applies.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.