Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi. I have a Hoover Vented tumbled dryer model VHV781C 8kg

Hi. I have a Hoover Vented tumbled dryer model VHV781C 8kg and it is showing an error code of E08? I have been told this is the thermostat fuse and have just ordered one but am now wondering if this is correct? Can you advise.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, E08 indicates the thermal fuse (overheat thermostat) has tripped and is open circuit.

However, you can't get the thermal fuse on it's own, it's part of the heater.
I think you may well have ordered the thermo fuse that's fitted on the front of the machine.

You need to check the thermostat on top of the heater at the rear of the machine.
If this is open circuit, you need a heater unit.
You also need to find out why it overheated.
A lack of airflow across the heater is the normal cause.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. What does it look like there is a asmall box a little bigger than a matchbox with two plug in things in it? Is this it?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, the heater is on the rear, behind the bulged panel.
It's a lot bigger than a match box.

Copy and paste the following into a new browser window, it will show the heater.

http://www.4hoover.co.uk/dryer-element/product.pl?pid=1138021&query=VHV781C+heater

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Yes have found it - silly me. There is a thermo fuse and another thing on the top as well. It does not heat up at all even with the top and back off.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If the cut out thermostat on the heater has failed, it won't heat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There appears to be a nasty bulge on the covering of the element and the heating board inside has a burnt bit. Have decided to call an engineer as I think it needs an expert (not me) to have a look. Many thanks.