Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a SHARP MICROWAVE OVEN R-890SLM WITH TOP AND BOTTOM

Customer Question

I have a SHARP MICROWAVE OVEN R-890SLM WITH TOP AND BOTTOM GRILLS AND CONVECTION. ON CLEANING THEINSIDE I HAVE DAMAGED THE WAVEGUIDE COVER!
I HAD BEEN GRILLING STEAKS AND FAT HAD SPLASHED ON TO THE COVER. I HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOO HEAVY HANDED AND A HOLE HAS APPEARED . CAN THIS BE REPAIRED PL EASE? I PURCHASNED THIS OVEN ON 22/11/11 NOW OUT OF GUARANTEE!
YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRRECIATED.
MRS E.BEARD [email protected]
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, easy repair.

You can get a sheet of universal wave guide cover and all you do is trace the old one onto the sheet, cut it out and then fit it.

Copy and paste the following for wave guide cover

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microwave-Oven-Universal-Mica-Wave-Guide-Cover-Sheet-150mm-x-100mm-Cut-To-Size-/281163624341?pt=UK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL&hash=item4176a86f95

If you have a local repair shop, they may have some too.

If you must have an original one, then you'll need to order that from Sharp.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not understand what you mean. I have logged on to SHARP - for information thinking you would tell me WHERE to go for the waveguide cover. I am 91 years old and I do not want all this hassle and WHY have you taken my Credit card details? I do NOT understand WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO NOW. All I require is to kn ow if SHARP supply the Waveguidecover - I am at a losss to know what all tis means and I HOPE I have not go t myself into a situation which is going to be very costly. ARE YOU SHARP? and have I paid just for your advice? This is NOT very clear to me. please explain as I am now very worried just WHAT I have got myself into.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, you've posted your question on Just Answer / Pearl.
This isn't Sharp.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will RATE MY ANSWER when I know how much you have taken from my Credit Card. You say you are not Sharp? well it was SHARPS WEBSITE I LOGGED ON TO and IF AS YOU SAY - YOU are NOT sharp then don't you think the public should know WHO you are? as I was under the impression you WERE Sharp! and I think it just isn't

"PLAYING T HE GAME" when you don't reveal WHO YOU ARE until you have the CARD details. This is NOT on! But never mind - I wont be caught out AGAIN even tho I am 91 years of age. SHAME ON YOU!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Shame on me?
You posted a question and I've answered it.
I've tried to help you.

Contact customer services and tell them you made a mistake.