Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch microwavecombi (E No HBl84E) keeps on shutting down

My Bosch microwavecombi (E No HBl84E) keeps on shutting down after a few seconds when I put it on. When I put it on microwave function the control panel the display goes to 3/4 clock setting with one minute on the timer and does nothing. Oven works ok
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your microwave?
Also please explain a bit more clear, does it run at all in micro function?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The microcombi is four years old (out of 3 year warranty) and now nothing works on microwave now (it did for about 2-3 seconds)

The panel is all OK and the oven works ok my assumption was the magnetron

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tim, two last questions, when you program the micro, does it all seem to light up correctly, and are there any sounds when you press start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you switch to microwave setting the middle light on panel comes up (3/4 clock) used for certain timings i.e by weight with 1 minute on timer showing that is not normal as normally you set time and clock decreases as microwave is on

when you press switch on only light in microwave comes on

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Does it sound normal when its running or is only the clock counting down?
Thank you for your patience Tim.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no sound at all not even clock counting down once on button pressed it goes to an almost default display mode with the 3/4 clock sign on and 1 minute shown on timer and it also switches to 1000w light if on any other power setting no sound only light in microwave comes on

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
thanks Tim, this is a bad control board, its the one connected to the display. That will need to be replaced, if you want to do this I will help you. But a word of caution is in order, Microwaves can contain lethal voltages even when unplugged!!!!
But I will help you stay safe as there really is only one dangerous part. i can also provide you a good source for the part. Please let me know how you would like to proceed?
Thanks Tim.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

how much is the control panel just trying to work out if better to call in British Gas for £125

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tim that board is all different prices depending on where you live exactly. But you can find out by calling the # XXXXX please rate kindly now so I can stick with you ;-).

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.