Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

REF: Westinghouse WRG950CGS 90cm S/S Glass Canopy Rangehood Can

Customer Question

REF: Westinghouse WRG950CGS 90cm S/S Glass Canopy Rangehood

Can the currently fitted 40w halogen spotlight assemblies be rep;laced with LED spotlight assemblies

Colin
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning Colin,
on that model they unfortunately don't make a kit for that but they may have a similar one that will work.
Please visit this site for further information.

http://www.kas.co.nz/our-products/ovens?page=shop.product_details&product_id=356&category_id=15

I will check other sources for you as well when they open to day and I will stick with you until we know for sure if there is a system maybe even aftermarket for that unit.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning, please don't forget to rate, it wont cost you anything but it will ensure we can remain together until this is solved.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Since giving you a good rating, I have tried the link

hoping to see a replacement assembly for a LED 40w lamp that can replace my current 40w E14 RS60047 halogen lamp on my Westinghouse 90cm S/S glass canopy rangehood and all it seems to show is another rangehood similar to mine.

My objective and requirement (if possible) is to have the existing 40w halogen lamps (2) replaced with 40w LED lamp fittings. The reason being that the halogen lamps for this are / have been discontinued and are getting more and more difficult to source.

When the Westinghouse glass range hood was delivered and installed by a Westinghouse technician ( Australia - to my new build house) he then proceeded to install the two halogen light fittings - therefore I would presume that LED lamps could be fitted ?

The glass range hood is only two and a half years old and in excellent condition and does not need replacement

Colin

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats Crazy Colin, Im sure you can locate the originals, I would stock up on them when you do. Please they this site and let me know if they have the lamps.
http://www.calibex.com/Westinghouse-Lamp/shop-html?nxtg=b90a500516-F69BA09F96C72FFD
I dont see a lsupplier in Australia.