Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi Ive just received my electric oven. Where is the electric

Hi I've just received my electric oven. Where is the electric lead?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me is this replacing a simmilar appliance?

Is this built in or freestanding?

Can you tell me did you just buy this or did you pay the store for installation? Also the place you purchased this from?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I purchased it from curry's yesterday and just had it delivered. I expected to just plug it in to the socket like my old one but can't find the electrical lead or instructions for the electrics. It is a built in electric oven. B44S32.3GB
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rhian

OK, this type of built in appliance does not come with alead. This is fairly standard practice.
The reason is because a lot of these built in ovens need a seperat cooker circuit, due to the high current it can draw. Consequently, its not known by the manufacturer how long or what typoe of cable should be fitted to any appliance.

If you look in the manual, there should be a section relating to the installation of the oven.
In there it will tell you the rating of the appliance and the type of cable you should use.
You will be able to buy the cable at a local electrical store.

If you dont feel confident to do this, you may need to either call a local electrician, or Currys, for them to install this for you.

Im sorry its probably not the answer you were hoping for .

Please remember I am just the messenger, I didnt make up the rules!

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob