Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Samsung fridge/freezer vacation light keeps coming on and bleeping,

Customer Question

Samsung fridge/freezer vacation light keeps coming on and bleeping, why?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello, sorry to hear that, may I have the full model #?
Also how old your fridge is?
And does it seem to work well otherwise?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael. Model no. Is :- Sr-S2026CVW,
The fridge-freezer is 12 years old, and has been working ok apart from this bleeping which has been on and off now for a fortnight. It's driving us mad!
We pulled it away from the wall and gave it a good clean around the back, which seemed to do the trick for a bout a week, now it's started again.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ben, can you let me know if there is any heavy frost on the inside rear wall in the freezer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No there is none at all. This is Bens wife Jan speaking to you now Michael, Ive taken over!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOL Jan!
This is a bad main control board behind the fridge, it isn't cheap to replace but very easy to do.
But, this is something that wont hurt anything unless it does get worse, so if this were me, I would just live with that issue.
I will stick with you until we know for sure if it does in fact get worse, it may go away altogether as it will on this model sometimes ;-)
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Jan and Ben and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok , thanks Michael, nice talking to you and we will heed your advice. I don't suppose you have an idea of how much it would cost to get the part replaced, you said it was expensive?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jan, depending where you get that part its about $ 200.00 US.
I will be here if the fridge develops any further issues no additional cost to you;-)
Have a great day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cheers! X
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Cheers ;-)