Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi, I cant give you a rating or feedback as there is nowhere

Hi, I can't give you a rating or feedback as there is nowhere on the web page to do that. I have been in touch with customer services about these problems but they don't seem very clued up and keep giving me the same advice and not reading my emails properly. Anyway you were spot on about the brushes, though on my Hotpoint they are accessible from underneath the machine, once it's been laid on its side.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You aren't meant to lie it on it's side, water can come out and go where's it's not meant to go.

However, as you managed it, good job.

I'll send this as an answer and hopefully, you'll be able to rate it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's interesting that you said not to lie it on its side but as far as I could tell there was no other way of getting into. Only the top panel is removable, the other panels, side and back are all one piece. Anyway job done satisfactorily!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
there's a small panel at the rear.
Then, once the motor is dropped to the ground, you tilt the machine rearward a bit.

Good luck with the machine.

Are you able to rate now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I'll remember that for next time. This appliance is just 10 years old and gets used 5 or 6 times a week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the main bearing.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for the payment, very much appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well thanks for getting to the root of the problem with my washing machine so quickly!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's my pleasure. I've received another request from you to rate your answers and to provide feedback.

I have done this already, but in any case there's no button on this page to allow a rating or feedback.