Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Nutid OV9 oven from ikea. Only had it 1 year and oven keeps

Nutid OV9 oven from ikea. Only had it 1 year and oven keeps on cutting out due to malfunction in clock. What can I do? (Clock goes back to zero and I have to re-set to get oven to work again).
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
On the label in the door recess, is there a 12 digit number beginning with 85?

If there is, prefix the number with A and post it here.
If you don't prefix the number it gets crossed out.

eg. A854515015000

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - the only info I can find on the door recess label is as follows:

Model: FRAMTID OV9

PNC XXXXXXXXX 01

Type OLEMCPTE

S/N 035 03508

Thought it was a NUTID oven but obviously not - sorry

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
Prefix the pnc number with A,

Without the A all I see is XXXXXXXXXX 01

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

A944064506-01

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Set your oven to 150 deg and run it.
Listen to it.
The fan inside the oven should run.
Do you hear a 2nd fan come on as it heats up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I take it you want me to use the fan assisted oven function rather than the convection oven function?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
If you normally use convection use that.
All I need to know is does the cooling fan come on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's just got to temperature and the fan sounds louder but can't tell whether it's a second fan

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
If you used conventional oven, then there's only 1 fan running.
If you used fan oven and can't tell if the cooling fan is running, turn the knob to off.
The interior fan stops, the cooling fan should continue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've just turned off the fan oven - interior fan has stopped but the cooling fan is still on. Yesterday I did some baking and even after I had turned the oven function and temperature off, the clock reverted to zero and I had to reset. (don't know if that's relevant or not!!)

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Basically, your machine is overheating and activating the safety thermostat.

This is normally due to a cooling fan fault.

Check that there's sufficient air flow into and around the exterior of the oven.
Make sure any grille below it isn't blocked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The oven is built-in to oven housing unit and although there is a gap around the oven, there are no vents in the kick board (totally enclosed so unable to draw in air from the outside). Would fitting vents in the kick board help to alleviate?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Easy way to tell is temporarily take the oven out.
Then, when it's out of the housing, run it.
If the fault has gone, it's an air flow issue.
If it's still the same, the cooling fan or the safety cut out thermostat are at fault.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. Will take oven out and identify what the problem is. Do you know how much it would be to repair if it was the fan or thermostat? Only need to know in case it would be cheaper to replace than repair.

You've been very helpful, many thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
A replacement cooling fan, fitted would be around £120 to £150, depending on your repairer.

British Gas and Knowhow (Currys), both offer fixed price repairs that include all parts and labour.

I know British Gas charge £125, you need to get a quote from Knowhow.

Check it out, see what happens and get back to me if you need more help.

Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there - took oven out and ran it as you suggested. No problem at all so must be airflow problem as you suggested. Have put new grills in kick boards to increase airflow.

Again, thanks for your help