Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

GL340 Strimmer How to prevent Cord runaway

GL340 Strimmer
How to prevent Cord runaway
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear about that. Is the cord just running out on its own too much?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I load the strimmer with about two feet of cord and ina few seconds it has been vented. On other peoples advice I have now Put the whole of a reel of cord So that the reel is almost completley filled. I have not tried the strimmer with this yet.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks John that may solve this, it sounds like the auto mechanism is bad, I think you may have this solved.
I will stick with in case you still have a problem but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you John and have a great day!
Tech Michael