Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, I have a Teka CI-340 and the fridge is always freezing

Customer Question

I have a Teka CI-340 and the fridge is always freezing my food. I put the temperature controls on the lowest, it was -15degrees still. Then I tried turning the controls in the other direction and it went to -25degrees. Last night I tried holding the super-frost button, which made the green on light turn off, I thought this solved the problem but turning off super frost but I discovered this morning it must have turned the fridge completely off. Could you please tell me how to work the temperature of the fridge? I cannot find a user's guide.

Katrina.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello Katrina,
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your fridge?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael,

I have just started renting my apartment so I am not exactly sure how old the fridge is, however, I am guessing it is less than one year as they have been renovating it.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Kat,
This is bad thermostat control. If it is less that 1 year old it will be fully covered by the manufacturers warranty.
all you need to do is call them or have the landlord do that for you.
In any case even if you need to replace this part its easy and easy to get as well ;-)
I will help you all the way through.
I will stick with you until this is resolved but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Kat and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, thank you. Are you just able to clarify what the buttons on the top of the fridge do: the one near the alarm light and the superfrost button. also, I have been searching and searching for a free user's model for this fridge. would you have access to one?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kat, I will check on that for Monday morning when the shop that may have one is open, Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wonderful! thank you!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kat you are more than welcome always happy to help!
Tech Michael