Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

How do i get the front panel off from a creda concept C361EW

How do i get the front panel off from a creda concept C361EW cooker to replace fit a new regulator control for one of the hob rings
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I've taken the following from the service manual.

Have a read through and see how you get on with it.
Get back to me if you still have problems and I'll see what else there may be to help you.

1. ENSURE THAT THE COOKER IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY
BEFORE DISMANTLING.
2. BEWARE OF SHARP EDGES ON METAL OR PLASTIC PARTS.

1. SIDE PANELS
a. Remove the 3 screws from the front located through the side trim, top centre and bottom and the 3 screws at the rear.
b. Pull out and lift off panels.

2. CERAMIC GLASS TOP ONLY
To gain access to the Heating Elements, Regulators, Timer & Neons
a. Remove the 2 countersunk screws at the front left and right hand side of the ceramic hob trim and the 2 countersunk screws from the rear trim.
b. Remove the ceramic glass assembly by carefully pulling backwards and easing out of the control panel end caps.

3. HEATING ELEMENTS
The elements are located on heater supports and their location should be noted before the element is removed in order to ensure the correct position against the glass on reassembly.

4. REGULATORS, OVEN THERMOSTATS, TIMER & NEONS
a. Pull off all the control knobs and timer buttons.
b. Remove the countersunk screws from under the control panel grille and 2 retaining the end caps to the controls mounting panel. Carefully remove the control panel, end case and the control panel bottom trim as an assembly by easing backwards off the side panel trims.
c. Remove the control panel rear cover, 1 screw each side of the controls mounting panel.
d. The regulators, oven and grill thermostats can now be accessed by removing the 2 screws locating the control to the controls mounting panel. If the oven or grill thermostat is to be replaced, it will be necessary to remove the left hand side panel as in (1) above in order to withdraw the capillary phial from its location in the oven cavity.
If the main oven thermostat is to be replaced, the fan oven inner rear panel will also need to be removed.
e. The timer is removed by proceeding as in 2 and 4a and 4b.
f. The neons are located mounted on a bracket below the top and main oven control.

Hope this helps
Let me know how you get on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had as previously stated removed the side panels and side trims ( not the ones around the ceramic top). The side and rear trim around the ceramic top would not come off (after removing screws )as they appear to have been sealed, having removed the screws I had to slightly force the trim upwards and outwards to get to with difficulty the locating screws that held the ends of the control panel. I also unscrewed two triangular plates on the main frame, this enabled me to lift the panel out and remove the regulator in question. Having paid £28 for the advice given I would therefore query Creda's manual in the manner of removing the ceramic top.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

You haven't actually paid anything for my advice.

You only pay if you rate the answer positively.

If you simply rate poorly, you trash my ratings.

I know what you originally stated but I didn't edit the instructions to remove the reference to the side panels.

I think you may have been trying to take the wrong thing off, it's the whole glass top that comes off, not the glass on it's own.