Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

please get back to me : I have given my card details regarding

Customer Question

please get back to me : I have given my card details regarding a technical query on my Bosch microwave/oven combo and have lost you site after checking the terms of reference. My name isXXXXX
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ian, Please let me know the full model #, the age of your microwave and the problem you are having.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The unit is a Bosch HBC 84E 653B approx 2.5 years old. Although the oven function is working fine, the microwave, regardless of the time set + or -, the duration symbol comes and the microwave switches itself off after a number of seconds. We cannot turn off the duration icon to rectify this.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ian,
Will the unit run and heat at all even during that short time?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its difficult to tell in such a short time, but it runs but doesn't seem to be heating.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ian, does it sound any different probably not?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No; just set the timer for 1 minute; same sounds a usual, but it switches off after @ 45 seconds, with no apparent heating.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Ian, the problem is the main control board. unfortunately they don't sell parts for that only the complete board. I can help you replace this, its really easy and requires only a few hand tools. But there are some concerns you need to be aware of. Microwave ovens can contain lethal voltages even when power is removed!!! But you wouldn't be working anywhere near that spot. I can help you get the part as well, or if you decide, you can have an appliance tech do this repair for you. It will still be quicker and cheaper if you have the new board before calling them. I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-) You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you. Thank you Ian and have a great Sunday! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael,

you offered to advise me on the replacing of the board for my Bosch combo oven /microwave ( yesterday the 18th). Could you give me details of the specifications and prices so that I can buy one please.

with thanks, Ian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael; if its a simple fix then I'd be grateful for the information as to where to get the board, how much etc. Thanks, Ian Macrae

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ian,
there are a few places for this but the best cost wise and reliability would be Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 400 7888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael; what is the exact description of the board when ordering ( I already have the Er numbers etc from the plate ).

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ian, its the main control board:-)
Hope that helps.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Michael, thanks for that. I will call them and check prices, which will decide whether I go ahead. To be honest I'm not very impressed with the various Bosch products I've had recently, especially this one.....tries to do two functions, neither of them very well; too complicated system and incomprehensible instruction manual. I'll let you know the outcome. Ian

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine I an, I will be here to help in any way I can .
Have a nice day Ian.
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No more info needed thanks; I've decided not to change the board, just use the 'combi' as a 2nd oven with a separate microwave. Thanks for your help anyway, Ian Macrae.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Ian, no reply needed.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael