Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have been using a 7kg Butane Calor Gas Cylinder. I have just

Customer Question

I have been using a 7kg Butane Calor Gas Cylinder. I have just removed the regulator in the normal way but gas continues to escape from the cylinder. I have put the orange cap on the cylinder and this seems to stop any gas coming out pro tem. Is this OK as a temp solution
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

If there's no gas leaking out when the cap is on then it's an acceptable temporary fix.

If you have a spare regulator, fitting that would be a better temporary fix as the valve on the regulator will shut and prevent leakage.

For safety, keep checking it to ensure it's not leaking.

Make sure the area is well ventilated too (better if it's outside).

It may be worth refitting the regulator and taking it off again, a few times, to see if the valve on the bottle starts working again.

Hope this helps