KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Bosch exxcel washer dryer cant get it to do anything it keeps

Customer Question

Bosch exxcel washer dryer can't get it to do anything it keeps flashing key & pause
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can try to unplug the unit and then plug it back after 3 minutes...simultaneously press and hold the START/PAUSE button for around 20 seconds and key sign will disappear...let me know how it goe s

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Sorry can't find model number in user manual
KevinWhiteJA :

it is located inside the door and starts with E nr

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Hi Kevin tried unplugging no joy model number is enr wvd24520gb/01 machine about 5years old
JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Hi Kevin tried your suggestion no joy model number is. enrwvd24520gb/01 machine about 5 years old
KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to press and hold the START/Pause button for around 20 seconds ?

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Yes
KevinWhiteJA :

Does it have a "Finished In" button ? If yes press and hold that button for around 10 seconds

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : It does but thats not doing anything either can't believe machine was going ok yesterday
KevinWhiteJA :

The flashing key signs means child lock has been activated

KevinWhiteJA :

you can try to press and hold the lock button again a few times

KevinWhiteJA :

it should work

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Tried that symbols showing are flashing key pause on &spin symbol the cycle bar is showing an unfinished wash
KevinWhiteJA :

that is the only option however, if you want you can put the washer cycle on intensive dryer mode then hold down the clock/timer button button for five seconds to see if it helps

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : No nothing seems to get it yo reset do you think i'll have to replace the machine
KevinWhiteJA :

well if holding those buttons isn't taking the lock off then its possibly the control board that is bad and will need replacement as nothing else can stop from taking the lock off

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Thanks Kevin
KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks

JACUSTOMER-61y1rrzg- : Hi Kevin it's working kept trying your suggestions about pressing & holding buttons yippeee!
KevinWhiteJA :

:) Great ....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)