Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my powerpoint work top dishwasher will not empty

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the model #?
Also how old is your dishwasher?
And one more thing, what exactly does it do when in the drain cycle, can you hear the pump run at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don't know the model , first time I'v used it althought had it in the box in the shed for a few years .

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mick,
Please open the door and look all around the door edges and even the door frame for the model #.
Then also what happens when its in drain mode, any pump sound?
or just silent during that time?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all I can find is SDW4-A , IT JUST SILENT , THEN AFTER A WHILE STARTS BEEPING ,

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mick this is what happens when the pumps sit dry for a while the seals get stuck.
Do you want to try freeing that up?
I will help you with this?
Or just want to replace the pump, thats an easy task as well.
Please let me know, I will stick with you until this is working but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Mick.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

want to try freeing that up

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DID YOU GET MY QUESTION, want to try freeing IT up

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks Mick, the first thing to do is drain all water out and disconnect the unit form power.
Then tip it on its back, you will see a small electric pump with two hoses connected to it, remove the hoses and the wires make sure to remember what goes where first!
Then look into the pump, you will see a small plastic impeller, first make sure nothing is jammed in there.
Then using a small screw diver try gently to turn the impeller, it should have some resistance as it clicks around, once its free and you can get a few good rotations out of it you re assemble and try the unit, let me know if this works, if not that pump is bad and will need to be replaced, but keep me informed ;-)
Best of luck.
Tech Michael